Today’s fast-growing world has made everyone busy. The stress just increases day-by-day. Having a busy and pack schedule just makes one forget some things. One who has a poor memory finds it frustrating. Alzheimer’s disease is a serious neurological condition and genetics plays an important role in memory loss with this kind of condition.
Many types of research and studies have revealed that diet and lifestyle can have a major impact on memory too. Below are some tips to improve memory:-
1. Consume less added sugar- Avoid drinking tea with more amount of sugar. Don’t eat too many sweets. A sugary diet can lead to poor memory and reduced brain volume.
2. Try fish oil supplement- Fish oil is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). According to researches, consuming fish or fish oil supplements may improve your memory.
3. Meditation- Practicing meditation has many positive effects on your health. One of them is, it increases memory power. It is observed that meditation increases gray matter in the brain.
4. Healthy weight- Many types of research have proved that obesity is a risk factor for cognitive decline.
5. Getting enough sleep- Not getting enough and proper sleep can lead to poor memory. Getting proper sleep according to your age group is important for the body as well as mental health.