If you are dealing with suicidal thoughts, remember you are not alone. The thought of wanting to take your own life is common in the ones dealing with severe depression. Depression is a treatable illness and there are various ways to get help and deal with depression. Sometimes, the very first treatment won’t heal you, but this doesn’t mean that the next one won’t help you or heal you.
Here are some tips for dealing with Depression And Suicidal Thoughts-
1. Seek Professional Help- Your doctor may recommend you Psychotherapy, also known as Speech Therapy, as this is the first-line treatment. Treatment options for depression often involve both psychotherapy, medications, or both.Medications with therapy can be more effective than treatment alone with therapy.
2. Call a Suicide Hotline- Suicide hotlines are also important resources that can help you fight depression. If you are often getting suicidal thoughts that will help you a lot. Suicide hotlines can connect you with a counselor, with whom you can share your pain and thoughts in a safe environment.
3. Avoid Alcohol and Drugs- Avoiding Alcohol and Drugs is important when dealing with depression or suicidal thoughts as they can put you into more problems or get you addicted to it. Once you are addicted it will be difficult to solve problems.
4. Seek Human Contact- You can talk to a counselor. You can go out with friends, go out for shopping, or plan adventurous trips with friends. This can be helpful for getting you out of depression.
5. Talk to Someone You Trust- If you find it difficult to share your problems with a doctor, therapist or counselor, you can talk to someone you trust. That person can be your parents, relatives or even one of your friends or even your sibling.